2 June 2016
Creative Victoria is inviting creative professionals and teachers to attend an Artists in Schools information session during July.
The Artists in Schools program provides opportunities for professional artists and designers to work with young people in Victorian primary and secondary schools.
Grants of $10,000 are available in the 2017 funding round for Victorian schools to engage a Victorian creative professional for approximately 20 days, to work with students and teachers on a creative project.
Creative professionals from a wide range of disciplines including visual arts, game design, music, sound, theatre, film, design, literature and dance are invited to attend an information session to find out more about how to partner with a school in 2017.
Attendees at these information sessions will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about how to apply;
- See outcomes of previous projects;
- Connect with teachers and creative practitioners interested in getting involved in the program;
- Hear from teachers and creatives about their experiences of the program;
- See how projects can support learning across the Victorian Curriculum (with a focus on the Arts and Critical and Creative Thinking).
Information sessions will be held in Melbourne, Bairnsdale, Frankston and online. Places are limited and bookings are essential.
Application information for the Artists in Schools 2017 funding round will be available on our website by 1 July 2016.