The Music Works Grants program invests in the development and support of Victoria's contemporary music artists and music industries. It provides support for projects and programs that will develop and bring dynamism to Victoria's contemporary music sector, increase employment and build cultural capital.The program is open to new ideas, new modes of practice and new approaches to the delivery of contemporary music that will build on Victoria's position as a world famous live music capital and Australia's contemporary music hub.
The Music Works - Major Funding Round has now closed.
- $2,500 - $20,000 for individuals
- $2,500 - $75,000 for groups/organisations
Who can apply
- Victorian-based professional music practitioners working in contemporary music from all genres and career stages
- Victorian-based managers, technicians, venues and small to medium industry organisations
The Music Works Major Funding Round has now closed. The previous round opened on 5 July 2017 using the Creative Victoria Grants Portal and closed 5pm, 3 August 2017.
For activity commencing from 1 November 2017. It takes approximately 12 weeks from the closing date until funding results are available.
Who to talk to
- Dean Linguey: 8683 3133 or at email@example.com
- Louise Naumann: 8683 3145 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links and downloads
Music Works - Major Round program guidelines DOC, 208.0 KB
Application drafting tool (DOC, 101.5 KB)
Budget drafting tool (XLS, 103.0 KB)
Tour itinerary template XLS, 52.0 KB
Music Works - Frequently Asked Questions
Information for all applicants
Creative Victoria Grants Portal