Music Passport Grants is a competitive grants category of the Music Passport program. The program seeks to support not for profit organisations to undertake international activities that increase economic opportunities for Victoria's contemporary popular music sector.
Projects need to aim to:
1. Open up new international markets or increase the market share for Victorian contemporary music.
2. Create new career and business opportunities for Victorian contemporary musicians and the industry more broadly.
3. Build on existing connections and programs (within and outside of the music industry) to create opportunities for Victorian musicians, music businesses and organisations.
Music Passport Grants will not support touring, or projects where the main activity is performance. Please refer to the Music Works Grants Major Funding Rounds or Quick Response Grants for these activities.
All applications MUST be discussed with program staff before applying.
Download the Music Passport Grants guidelines here DOC, 177.5 KB.
- Up to $20,000 per application
There is a total pool of up to $100,000 over two years, with $50,000 available in this financial year (2017/18) and another $50,000 available in 2018/19. Once the annual pool is exhausted in 2017/18, there will be no further funding until next financial year.
Who can apply
- Not for profit organisations (NFPs) - for profit organisations can partner with a NFP
All prospective applicants must speak to program staff before applying.
Round Opens: 26 July 2017 using the Creative Victoria Grants Portal
Round Closes: 30 June 2018 OR once the 2017/18 funding allocation is exhausted.
Who to talk to
- Dean Linguey: 8683 3133 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links and downloads
Music Passport Grants Program guidelines DOC, 177.5 KB
Music Passport Grants Application drafting tool DOC, 97.5 KB
Budget drafting tool (XLS, 103.0 KB)
Music Works - Frequently Asked Questions
Information for all applicants
Creative Victoria Grants Portal