Unless otherwise specified, to be eligible for Creative Victoria funding as an individual you must be:
- An Australian citizen currently residing in Victoria; or
- A Permanent Resident (holding an appropriate visa) who has resided in Victoria for at least two years immediately prior to the date of your application.
To be eligible to receive Creative Victoria funding an organisation must be legally constituted. Organisations that are not legally constituted may apply to some funding programs through an auspicing body.
Groups of individuals who join together informally to collaborate in the creation, development or presentation of work may apply to some funding programs. However you must nominate either an individual or an auspicing body to sign the funding agreement and take legal and financial responsibility for the grant.
Each program has specific eligibility requirements, so it is important that you carefully read the relevant section of the Creative Victoria website and obtain a copy of the relevant program information and guidelines before making an application.
General application eligibility
An application will be ineligible if it:
- Is submitted late or received outside of the published funding round dates
- Is submitted by an applicant who has failed to acquit previous Creative Victoria funding
- Is incomplete and fails to meet the requirements of the program
- Relates to activity that has already taken place or will occur prior to the eligible starting date
- Claims Indigenous content and does not provide relevant confirmation letters, or follow appropriate Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander protocols
- (refer to Indigenous Policy Statement)