For the protection of Aboriginal arts practice from misappropriation, moral and copyright infringement, the following material must be submitted if you propose to work with an Aboriginal artist and/or an Aboriginal community:
- Letters of support from the relevant Aboriginal community/organisation and/or representative/s.
- Confirmation of interest in involvement from the relevant Aboriginal artist/community and/or organisation/s.
If you are unsure of protocols and requirements please discuss your application with Megan Kelleher 03 8683 3128 or Elizabeth Liddle 03 8683 3136 in the Aboriginal Partnerships team prior to finalising your application.
For information on protocols for working with the Aboriginal arts sector, we recommend the following publications for guidance:
- Indigenous Cultural Protocols and the Arts: A book of case studies by Terri Janke and Company Pty Ltd
- The Australia Council's publications:
- Performing arts: protocols for producing Indigenous Australian performing arts
- Media arts: protocols for producing Indigenous Australian media arts
- Music: protocols for producing Indigenous Australian music
- Visual arts: protocols for producing Indigenous Australian visual arts
- Writing: protocols for producing Indigenous Australian writing
- Valuing Art, Respecting Culture published by The National Association for the Visual Arts.