- A Creative State Advisory Board has been appointed to provide advice on aspects of strategy and implementation in support of Victoria's new Creative Industries Strategy, Creative State.
- The Advisory Board will work across Government, with Creative Victoria and with Victoria's creative industries sector to advise on the development and delivery of new priorities.
- In undertaking its work, the Advisory Board will take into account related initiatives proposed or being delivered by government portfolios that complement the creative industries.
- The Advisory Board will debate, prioritise and take a leadership role in implementing government policy to ensure the success of Creative State. To this end, the Advisory Board will:
- Work with Creative Victoria and provide advice on the implementation of actions contained within Creative State.
- Convene, as required, working groups comprised of any external members whose skills and experience reflect the specialisation needed in each case.
- Provide advice on the further investigation and development of key actions in Creative State.
- Champion the creative industries and Creative State through members' respective networks.
Membership, Authority and Administration
- The Minister for Creative Industries will chair the Creative State Advisory Board.
- The Advisory Board is an expert-based advisory committee of 10 to 15 members, formed for a three-year period.
- All Advisory Board members shall be appointed by the Minister, in accordance with applicable Victorian Government guidelines, for a period of up to three years.
- Members shall be reimbursed for any reasonable expenses incurred in the course of their work for the Advisory Board.
- Members must adhere to confidentiality and conflict of interest arrangements, as determined by the Minister.
- The Advisory Board will meet up to four times a year, or as otherwise determined by the Chair.
- Creative Victoria will provide secretariat support.