Expressions of interest are open for a significant new public artwork commission that will adorn the eastern façade of Geelong Performing Arts Centre (GPAC).
The project is part of a significant redevelopment of GPAC, the largest project in the centre’s history, that will expand and upgrade GPAC’s facilities.
The Commission aims to create an artwork that complements, and is integrated into the architectural form of the redevelopment, acts as a marker for the GPAC building and for the Geelong Cultural Precinct, and conveys a sense of the dynamic and emerging culture of Geelong and its region.
Funding available: Following the EOI process, three artists will be shortlisted and receive an honorarium of $3,000 to develop their ideas.
The final commission has a budget of between $300,000 - $500,000
Who Can Apply
Expressions of Interest are open to Victorian, Australian and international artists with experience in delivering projects in the public realm.
The Commission will run as a two stage process.
Stage 1: Expressions of Interest (EOI) deadline: Wednesday, 27 September 2017
Stage 2: Concept Development (for shortlisted artists only), deadline: Thursday, 16 November, 2017
Selection of the preferred artwork will take place in December 2017.
Who to Talk To
Alice Park, Senior Project Officer, Public Art E: CVpublicart@ecodev.vic.gov.au
Enquiries will be answered on Thursdays and Fridays.
How to Apply EOIs must be submitted via email to CVpublicart@ecodev.vic.gov.au
Links and Downloads
- GPAC Public Art Commission Brief and Requirements for Expressions of Interest (DOCX, 191.4 KB)
- Site Context and Analysis (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Geelong Performing Arts Centre Eastern Façade report (PDF, 4.8 MB)
- Site Elevation (PDF, 401.9 KB)
- Vic Roads requirements as relevant to the GPAC Redevelopment Planning Permit (DOCX, 15.6 KB)
- Hassell Presentation on GPAC Redevelopment Stage 2 for Public Art Commission (PDF, 17.7 MB)